Saturday, October 13, 2012

Early Morning Sewing Going On!

 I am up to three of these little hexie (hexi?) flowers.  They are so tiny compared to my other hexie projects (which haven't seen the light of day in awhile!).
 Melissa sent me a huge package with my gifts for each month all the way into December.  I managed to get them all to fit in the stocking she made me with the other presents she sent before.  We both have one more box to go before Christmas.  I have been collecting things since I sent her the first box.
 Today Kathy is over at Barktoberfest selling her homemade dog treats www.jandrdogtreats.net if your doggie wants to try them.  She brought a friend with her so I am hanging at home and having a friend or two over later to sew.  Since Kathy was up early and our five dogs were all excited to have company at the break of dawn, I couldn't go back to sleep.  I put in this audiobook that Randy got me from the library (I bought the new J.K. Rowling book but Kathy wants to hear it too, so waiting to start that one!) and have already sewed my brown pinwheels together and trimmed them.
 I know this is a record for me...I rarely am sewing this early in the day (unless there is a mystery quilt going on, then I will drag myself out of bed!) so it has been fun to sip my coffee and just enjoy some time doing what I love.

7 comments:

scraphappy said...

What beautiful browns. Looks like a busy day already. Hope you take a few minutes to relax

Roslyn said...

I think I would like to join this swap next year Andee, can you remind me when sign up comes around again?
I am still stuck in bed nursing my bad back, it's too bad I don't hand sew think how many hexies I could make!

Quilter Kathy said...

You should sign up for the Jack of Hearts mystery and you'd be jumping out of bed early in the morning :)

Kate said...

Cute hexies and beautiful brown pinwheels. Hope you didn't wear down after such an early start.

Sheila said...

Nice blocks. Very nice brown fabrics.

Sisbabestitches said...

Wow your stocking is so full, what fun you will have this Christmas! Your itty hexies are so cute :)

Deb A said...

Such cute hexies! Love the brown pinwheels.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...