Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Night Sewing

 Here is my UFO for this month--Broken Crockery which I made a quilt camp close to two years ago I think.  Umm, it isn't all done being quilted.  I started it, but it wasn't coming out how I wanted (the other day) so I haven't decided what to do to finish it.  It is closer to done though so that is good.
I also made a scrappy binding for Smith Mountain Morning.  Used leftover binding in my drawer and grabbed a few more strips from the bin and whipped it up.  I wasn't in the mood to battle a big quilt binding tonight though.
 So I added binding to my other Modern Lil' Twister.  See I am using my new clips?
 Back is orange and grey and here is the front.  I got it all quilted and then bound it.
 Wanted to show you I added my little seam guide to my featherweight.  After using the tool I will say Becky helped me with a quarter inch seam perfectly!  I stuck this right on top of what she already had helped me with.  Yippee!
 Here is is done.  Kathy and I decided we liked this one better than the one I finished first.


 That one has purple on the binding.  It will now be a gift :)

 Here it is all hung up in its rightful place, for the moment.  I sure have been into making little quilts lately.  I just love them!

 I wanted to show you my Grandma Nan's earrings too.  Not sure where she got them, but the detail on them is incredible.  Those scissors actually look like mini stork scissors!  I enjoyed wearing them for shop hop, guessing that is going to have to be an annual tradition! 

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

Busy night! Glad you were able finish off another project. Looks like a binding weekend for you.

Roslyn said...

Can't believe you went home & sewed!

Loves to Quilt said...

Hi Andee, love your little twister quilts!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...