Saturday, January 14, 2012

Orca Bay Clue Seven is Done--Mostly!

Fabulous mail I received today (and my Fairy Tale charm packs from a few days ago). I am stocked up on thread for awhile.
This afternoon after Becky's grad party (congrats Becky!) DJ and I finished our Hulu marathon of "Once Upon a Time" and then started "Terra Nova" which we like too while I sewed and sewed and sewed and OMG sewed the rest of clue seven. I did these flying geese in sets of ten, sewing, ironing and cutting off the dog ears...127 flying geese (which I think may be too big but I am not really going to double check and depress myself at this point). I still have to do the four hourglass units to officially say clue seven is done, but go with it. I need to feel progress.
Look at that stack of geese coming along...
All of my pieces look like they may turn into a quilt top finally! I honestly feel like putting this one away for awhile til its UFO number comes up. Usually when I get to the end I can't wait to finish, but I have a feeling I am going to need to adjust those flying geese and I just can't even think about that now.
Here is what it is looking like when I lay it out. I love the colors and I am not sure I have the yellow squares going the right way. Just wanted to get an idea.
Tomorrow I heading to a co-worker's house to teach her to sew a baby quilt for another co-worker. Then I will be home to watch the Packers play! Might get back to finishing up knitting my socks..it has been awhile.

4 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

looking good! i have some socks i need to be working on too...but something else always seems to pull me in.

scraphappy said...

You have made so much progress on Orca Bay! I hope you don't put it away as a UFO quite yet. It is going to be a stunning quilt, and with all of the pieces done it shouldn't be so bad to put them together.

Amy (lilme2_99) said...

AMAZING colors!!!!! love it love it love it.

Once you get to the layout stage, my best advice is to lay it out, take a picture and look/look/look BEFORE sewing together :0) (yah, remember my posts!) ;)

I can't get over how amazing your colors look; I love 'em!

vtquilter said...

Oh, I love your Ocra Bay. Just check the size on one... you may be surprised that it will work for you. You have a great eye for selecting colors.