Monday, February 18, 2008

Another Finished Quilt! NYE Mystery Quilt













I got my mom and dad's NYE Mystery quilt back from Jen Bauer (my awesome longarmer) and spent the last two evenings hand binding it. She did a great job with quilting hearts on the hearts! This was a mystery so the colors are not what I would have picked had I known the design, but I like how it looks anyway. The back has a dark purple on it with little leaves (like the green on the front) as well as more of the border fabric in the middle of the purples. I am very pleased with it and need to send it off to Arizona for my mom and stepdad's 30th Wedding Anniversary! Hard to believe they have been together that many years...seems like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle as junior bridesmaid! The back has my usual I love you hand label too.


Finally took a picture of our storage in the driveway. Because of the snow and ice we couldn't get it any farther back to the side of the garage and parking is now a bit of a pain with my daughter's car, but the convenience of having the storage right in the driveway is nice. It isn't quite half full yet either. Next to it is my fairly new Element..I love it though not the payments!






No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...