Saturday, February 22, 2014

Modern Medallion is Growing...

My next border was an easy decision and went on as if I knew what I was doing Math wise, what a fabulous way to start my Saturday!  

Next I knew I wanted to add some red to this quilt for some modern punch.  Decided to add in four patches and then decided I needed more in the next border.
However, I realized that if I wanted a same fabric stripe border I should add it now because I only have two of each of the striped fabric (in layer cake size) and I wasn't sure I would have enough later on...so I went for that and bigger red cornerstones.
Next I added a narrow red strip all the way around.  I almost put in aqua cornerstones, but decided to keep it simple.  
I am not at all sure what I am going to do for the next border.  I fussy cut some yellow flowers for possible cornerstones...
I was thinking I might do something with the two fabrics pictured above for the next border...I think it needs to be pieced something or other, just not sure what yet.  Then I decided I like the red in the cornerstones, so I added red to the outside of my fussy cut flower...so I think that is what the cornerstones will look like, but am thinking now I need more yellow this time around...gonna think on it awhile and see what comes to me.  
I am very happy with this quilt so far even though I am WAY out of my follow a pattern comfort zone.  I am so excited that I went for it and jumped in on this.  I think having some guidelines and looking at other medallion quilts is really helpful for me and makes choosing the next border less daunting!  So any advice on what I should do for the next border?  I can always save these cornerstones for another border, but all I know is seeing the picture I think there must be yellow!  



1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Really love the way the red four patches carry out and bleed into the red border. Enjoy the process. Design work is terrifying, but worth it.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...