Sunday, November 6, 2011

Signed Up for a Sock Class--FINALLY!

I have been wanting to learn to knit socks for years now...first I had to learn, and relearn and relearn how to knit. I finally have cast on, knit, purl and cast off down! I have made a zillion or more dishcloths and they finally look pretty good if I do say so myself. Everytime I almost sign up to learn how to knit socks I change my mind because it is crazy to think of the cost of the class, the supplies, book, yarn, etc for a PAIR OF SOCKS! And most of the time here in Arizona I don't even wear socks. Not sure why I feel the need to make some, but I do and the urge hasn't gone away....so since I figure I can divide the cost of the class and the book by every pair of socks I make (that is if I ever figure out the first pair) that Math sounds better to me so I am doing it! I signed up for a class in December at http://fiberfactory.com/
The class is "magic loop socks" and it uses the book "Personal Footprints for Insouciant Sock Knitters" by Cat Bordhi which I going to order. Any excuse to order another book! LOL.
I bought some yarn today and I can hardly wait to get started...but I will be waiting because I don't have a clue how to go about it!
A co-worker of mine was crocheting socks the other day and she gave me a copy of her favorite pattern which I also would love to try, but not sure that I can figure it out unless I con her into hanging with me and helping me!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...