Sunday, November 13, 2011

Staycation in Prescott

Sorry ahead of time..I can't get the info to line up with the pictures which drives me nuts, but just giving up on it tonight!


DJ and I needed a weekend getaway that didn't break the budget so we planned going camping. Then last week we were talking about how cold it will be camping this late in the year and about all the stuff we needed to get to sewing for Christmas...my parents had previously mentioned that we could stay at their mostly empty house in Prescott any weekend we wanted, so the next thing you know we were camping and sewing indoors!
We accomplished far more sewing that I would have thought possible and I watched several movies and listened to two audiobooks! But before I get to all of that...check out my huge stack of Secret Santa Swap 2 gifts from Shannon! Two more gifts arrived and it was all I could do not to peak in there!


















Have I mentioned I am not good at waiting? And I finally took a picture of my civil war swap strips from the last quiltvilleswap. Some of these fabrics are just GORGEOUS! I can hardly wait to do something with them.




I love the variety I have now.
So back to our sort of Staycation! I started out Friday with DJ cutting and me whipping up several doll baby buntings for Christmas gifts. I decided to break into the Mark Lipinski fabric I had to have a few years ago which has just been hanging out getting no love.
So here is the view I was looking at while sewing. The sun sets over that mountain and it takes your breath away. It is my favorite moment of the day!

We made the binding and got these two Christmas table runners bound.

Of course in and around it all I made more cheddar bow ties!


I sewed a bunch of squares together (two tops) and need to get some borders on them before I take that lil twister ruler to them!


Here is the first of the baby doll buntings.


This is Saturday's breakfast (more like lunch time by the time DJ got up and made it, but I had been sewing for hours by then!)

Of course Bug came along and had a blast.

Five of the six baby doll buntings I made. Four of them are for Randy's granddaughters for Christmas.

This quick and easy quilt is for DJ's nephew for Christmas. Really like how it turned out and since it is strips it went together so quickly!

Blurry for some reason, but this is Hannah's tree skirt. I quilted it and trimmed it.


It just needs me to cut the center out and get the binding made and attached. I also made myself one but forgot to bring the setting triangle red fabric for all of it, so it is mostly pieced together.


Here is the second one that I will use the Lil Twister on.

So today I decide to have my own little parade of stuff! DJ was still sleeping and I artfully arranged everything on the pool table (that doesn't fit at Mom and Dad's new house).

There are two of these Peter Cottontail tops. One is quilted and bound, the other one awaits.


See here it is.


DJ did do a teeny bit of sewing today. She is still trying to master curves while quilting..she isn't particularly liking it!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...