Friday, June 25, 2010

A Post Anyway

In a weak moment I went a little nuts on the Fat Quarter shop website and signed up for this Designer Block of the Month...so look what arrived recently....

They sent me a nice little package of the 12 Days of Christmas fabrics and a colorful pattern.  The blocks I have seen on other's blogs looked simple enough, but there are more pieces in this block than I expected...so I got them all cut out yesterday afternoon despite a migraine that had been bothering me for two days (gone today, YAY!).
And of course I have been on a knitting kick!  I have made quite a few dishcloths now and finally have this pattern down...they are shaping up better and only take a few hours to knit.  I usually do it while watching TV, or waiting around somewhere.  The colorful yarn makes me smile.  I will be taking knitting with my to Wisconsin for our road trip there in a few weeks.  I will be giving my daughter a few of my first efforts...lol, they will wash dishes and I hate to pull them out!
I should be sewing right now, but am just chilling out and getting things moved from the old laptop to the new laptap...so thrilled to be able to do things without all the problems and shut downs of the other laptop! 
I am also going to try to figure out how to make a post that will post in July while I am gone...I was working ahead on a July thing and I want to have some crafty posts while I am gone..so we shall see if I can figure that out!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh golly....The LAST thing I need right now is to be enticed into some OTHER NEW quilting project, so I will ignore the top part of this post!!! ;0)

I'm not a knitter, so I'm always amazed at the cute proejcts you all come up with out in blog land. I have NO AMBITION to learn knitting (or crocheting) either! I can't tell the difference between the two, either.... ;0)

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...