Monday, June 7, 2010

Constellation and Cobwebs....

All the blocks I have done so far except Cobwebs are in the above pic. Looking good! I think it is almost time to put a Quilt of Valor top together for Alicia.

Here is my knitted scrubbie...it didn't quite turn out like the picture in the pattern, but I think it had more to do with the way I sewed it together and scruched it than with the actual knitting. I will be making more since I think they make cool little gifts! Again thanks go out to Becky for leading me to the pattern!
Kathy helped me do some cutting after I worked today and then I sewed up Constellation. It went together well. This is one of Amy's Passions BOM's for June.
I also sewed up Cobwebs...this one was a snap! Now the third block is cut and partially sewn, but as always I flipped the triangles on the rectangular piece and so I have eight all the same instead of four that mirror each other. The funny thing is before I started I knew that would happen and was determined to do it right. So I did the first four and then paid CAREFUL attention to Amy's clear pictures for the next four. I then cut them all before even checking them (huh, duh!) and then realized I had done the first four wrong and then the second four exactly as the picture showed. The good news is I didn't even get frustrated...just turned off the machine for the night and went out for pie! Coconut Cream if you want to know. It was good and tomorrow I will try again on block three!
We also got the State Fair Schnibbles all cut in Kate Spain's Twelve Days of Christmas fabric. Tomorrow I should be starting that one too! I am hoping not to get too attached to this Schnibble because I would like to give it to my mom for Christmas (or her birthday in August). So far I have not been able to part with a single Schnibbles which is odd because usually I give away most of the quilts I make!

I really want to participate in some blocks the NewQuiltingClub is making for our anniversary celebration and also the Mystery Quilt that JudyL is doing for June, but so far I haven't committed to either...I have printed out the directions for both and just keep dreaming!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like you've been busy. It's good to know that even those with more experience, end up with pieces the wrong way round, and it's not just me.

Amy said...

Love the blocks, and your commment about making up a top got me thinking.....'How am I going to put these together once done?' That'll be my next plan...maybe tie some of these blocks together with some connectors??? Thanks for getting me thinking along those lines....

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...