Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Day and Pineapple Blossom oh my :)

 Kathy and I got up early and tended June's estate sale this morning, too hot afternoon so it didn't take us long to close up when the people slowed to a trickle.  June sold lots of fabric to lots of happy quilters!  We came home exhausted but I rarely can nap so before long I had texted Becky and asked her to come sew!  I mostly puttered around and talked Becky's ear off but she did help me decide on some grey for Summer Day's binding so it is done and ready for the next little one.

 The back is as cute as the front, lol.  Love the variegated thread that Ros used to quilt it!
 My SoScrappy Rainbow purple pinwheels are done, but half of them didn't get trimmed before I sewed them together.  So these need trimming now and I accidently sewed one together wrong but hey they are done.

 I whipped up one more Cheddar Challenge block...two more and I can add another row to my quilt top.
 Becky whipped up a cute rendition of A is for Adaminaby that matches her Carolina Crossroads.
 I made a second binding and attached it to this Pineapple Blossom quilt which I am pretty sure will go to DJ for her birthday May 30th.  I hope she likes it.


6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Andee--what a great post of so many projects. I don't recall seeing your Pineapple Blossom quilt yet; must have been during the busy time(s) of the school year for me.

Summer's Day is also fun! What fabric line did you use on it?

Gosh--fun post to read this morning! Thanks for sharing all the goodies.

soscrappy said...

So many great projects going on! You have been busy. Love the purple of course, but the finished quilts are great!

Alison V. said...

These are all so beautiful!

Edith said...

My, you are busy, like the little purple pinwheels and love the Pineapple Blossom, wishin' I were DJ.

Cathy Tomm said...

great purple pinwheels. I love the blossom quilt, and it is done which is great.

Deb A said...

Love all the projects you have going on. The purple pinwheels are great.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...