Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just One Star...

I decided that I wanted to sew Just One Star for a soldier so I worked on this last night.
http://www.unitednotions.com/LA_just_one_star.pdf Here is the link if you haven't heard the details on this and are intersted in making a block or two. I am not sure what my problem was but I cut all the two inch stuff two and a half inches and then had to trim it all down. This was a pain in the keister. Then when I added the last triangles I cut off lots of star points. I am sending it anway. I wasn't having the best night and it translated into my sewing apparently. I may try again and see if I can do better with the star points. I didn't even notice it until I looked at the picture. That is how my night was going. Oh well, the thought was there.
I just finished reading "The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" which was a strange book but I was thinking imagine if you had the power to tell what someone was feeling while they sewed a particular quilt or block...(instead of while they were cooking as this book was about that) I need to sew a happier star and send hope to a soldier just in case!

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

Send this one too Andee, the soldiers don't mid if they aren't "perfect".
AZ Huggy Bunch are going to have a QUilts Of Valor day & we will all sew patriotic blocks for the wounded warriors.
A balmy 36 degrees here in Co. mtns today!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...