Sunday, April 10, 2011

Designer Mystery BOM is Beyond Caught Up!

This morning I was up early and got spaghetti sauce going, fresh green beans ready and even made muffins and coffee! Whipped up the dishes and started sewing way too early for me, strange! Now all of the blocks are in rows and the rows are sewn together. Only the last row awaits two more blocks which I don't have yet. Next I have to get the stars for the border cut and start sewing them so that the border will go on quickly by the time the last two blocks are done. I guess I could also piece the backing and make the binding while I wait. Feels good to finally be where I want to be on this quilt.
I also took some time to find some red strips (instead of creams and whites) for the small Carolina Crossroads border and to cut some blue strips for the larger blue CC border. Later on today if I get a chance I will piece them and maybe even attach them for another top finish! I am so close I can't stand it.
And I decided to make a quick pineapple block from blues since I didn't have one yet. Then I cut a bunch of my leftover lollipop fabric (not sure that is the name, I forget already!) into the right size pieces for future blocks. So it is barely noon here and I feel so accomplished today. I even went through the entire week's mail while waiting on the muffins to bake. I hate that chore, but there was a lovely suprise in the pile that I missed during the week somehow...my Quiltmaker magazine was in the stack!

2 comments:

Suburban Stitcher said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! I still need to work on my pieced stars for the border too. I'm thinking that in between blocks 11 and 12 that's one that I'll do.

The Cozy Quilter said...

That Carolina Crossroads quilt is looking quite nice under that pile of red strips. I am working on a blue ridge beauty at the moment. Check your email. You are the winner of the fabric postcard give-away on my blog. Gail

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...