Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Only a little sewing going on...




I just joined another online group called the NewQuiltingClub (from yahoo) and they are doing lots of cool projects. One of them is making star blocks every other week (I think) from various online patterns and at the end we can put them into a quilt. So the above is my first star for this project from the directions at http://www.quiltingartsforum.com/bom10_12.html . We aren't following the color instructions, but can use any fabric we want. I am trying to just use from my stash and on of the gals did an awesome star with colors similar to this so I used similar colors--but I like hers better! Smile. Was fast and easy to make this though. It is an Ohio star and Tina's quilt had the same star but had four patches where the solids are in this one.


Yesterday I also whipped up two pillowcases in the "He Loves Me" fabric line...they match my Weaver Fever quilt. I already had two, but they accidently faded due to someone in the house's washing techniques and I had leftover fabric--just enough to make two more! I didn't take a picture of the pilowcases, but here is the matching quilt!


It is a huge quilt and is on the bed in our room now. Lots of little peices and I don't plan to make another one of these! It is gorgeous though! Other than that I have made a few label backs for my quilts. Today I plan to get white three inch borders on Tina's quilt and get her binding and backing all situated. I bought a deep red with black crackle lines in it for the back. It will look great!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...