So I wanted to play around with some fat quarters and do a disappearing nine patch since one of my online groups has been talking about them. They are doing a swap, but I am not planning to participate since I am trying to use my stash fabrics (though I am going nuts to buy more fabric) and I don't have the right black and white fabric for the swap. Anyway, Kathy decided she wanted me to do the cutting and she would do the sewing...since usually it is just the opposite I agreed. She is pretty new to sewing and has a heck of time with a quarter inch seam allowance. So we worked on trying to get her to line up the fabric differently so that she would not shrink her blocks thread by thread. We made progress, but I think my next machine needs a better quarter inch foot. I have a hard time with this one too, but Kathy's seams are bigger than mine no matter how hard we tried to line her up differently. Oh well, practice makes perfect. Here are the pictures from our sewing evening two nights ago...we plan to pillowcase and tie this quilt for a doll quilt for some lucky little girl. There is a great tutorial online on another blog that shows you just how to make this easy and fun block. I love it and need to make some more with this.