Sunday, February 15, 2015

W&G and Orange Crush Quiltalong & RSC

 Today Kathy and I skipped hiking (my knee is still not right and I had a migraine today to say nothing of the fact that she went to urgent care yesterday) but we went to Discovery Park and walked a mile on easier turf.  We then picked up our ceramics from As You Wish.  Here is my gnome all fired!  And Kathy's dog too!
 When we got home I whipped up my weekly Wild and Goosey block so I could do the Honk Honk on Quiltville's Open Studio.  I almost skipped it but Linda actually asked me where my check-in was so I was motivated to do it.  Really works to have a simple goal like one block a week!
 The Orange Crush Quiltalong officially kicks off on the 20th but I went ahead and got started anyway because I know I might need more time on some of it...Here is my first Orange Crush which I gave away...
 Here are all the four patches (plus a few extras) for step one!  I actually have 22 leftover clue two parts, so I am already on clue two--lol!

 I also decided I should finish up my RSC Sampler block....this one didn't work at all since I used the Quilt in a Day ruler to make the flying geese and didn't pay attention to the fact that I needed to make the color the bigger piece of fabric so that it would turn into the wings of the geese....sort of losses the star here.
 A little unsewing and another set of geese and I am much happier with this block called Marley!
 Pulled out the blue from January and I see I used blue instead of whites for the corners and such.
And Block Four--Bear Paw or Lady of the Lake:


Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your RSC blocks are coming along nicely. Have fun with your 2nd Orange Crush quilt! I wanted to make one of those, but had too many other things going. One of these days...

SandyPA said...

Nice RSC blocks! I still need to see my pink ones. And now you inspired me!

scraphappy said...

Making great progress. I am always impressed at how well you keep up with so many projects.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job. You've been busy.

Magpie Sue said...

It was worth it to rework that pink sampler star. Good job!

Deb A said...

I don't know how I missed this post! Love how your gnome turned out. Very pretty. The sampler blocks are looking great.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...