Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Funday!

Today Kathy and I went hiking with two of our friends.  Jill and I headed up the Ridgeline Trail at South Mountain and Kathy and Jen did an easier hike since Kathy still isn't feeling great.  We all had fun and it really set the mood for a great day!  Jill has lost 65 pounds on WW and that is how we met (she is in a different day/meeting than us but during the holidays we hit her meeting and hit it off!  She also teaches at the college I work at though I had never met her there!).  

 So beautiful up on that Ridgeline.  My knee finally felt more like normal!  I also finished up the glamper pillow for Missy's party today.
 Here is Missy's actual camper--it is super cute and fun to check out!  After stopping in at the party, Kathy and I went and saw "The Imitation Game" which we really liked and didn't know the story of.
 Also wanted to share my Valentine's gift that I never showed off.  Kathy got me this Oragami Owl necklace...for charms there is a birthstone for each of my kids, an AZ sun and cactus, a sewing machine (of course!) a football, a rainbow, a cup of coffee and a ring.  Too fun, I love charms!
 I also did my two City Sampler blocks--No. 53 and No. 54 which I really like!


 I am still working on my Orange Crush for the quiltalong on Open Studio.  I cut parts for clue two tonight so I can get to sewing clue two this week or weekend!

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Glad you both are feeling better. Looks like a great hike. Really like your city sampler blocks this week.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You had an awesome weekend!!! Love the Glamper pillow and your Oragami necklace!

Julierose said...

Looks like you had a terrific time ove the weekend! I love those City Sampler blocks you are doing--it'll be a fantastic piece all together. And WOW 65 lbs! amazing loss--unfortunately for me, I went off Atkins and have gained back half (at least!! aaargh) of the weight I originally lost. I am blaming snow, cold, ice--whatever I can think up--but I know it is that hand-to-mouth action hahaha hugs, from "more of me", Julierose

Scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...