Saturday, February 21, 2015

Saturday Sewing--What a Great Day!

Wild and Goosey is done for this week.  Ros gave me some scraps with the quilts she just quilted so some of them made it in this block!  LOVE THAT!  Thanks Ros!

 A gal on Quiltville's Open Studio posted this tip about using a magazine rack to store the Accuquilt Go stuff in on the wall.  Today Kathy installed mine for me--wall space is at a premium in here but we found a spot!  I need to play with it now that I have the die and mat!
 I put the binding on Hannah's "Greybear" quilt.  She just had to put him down just after she finished this quilt here at Christmas.  That cat has been hers for alot of years and losing him is hard on her.  I am so glad she picked this out years ago and then finished it at Christmas...Ros quilted it so beautifully and she will always remember Greybear but even more so now.
 Ros made a label too--little hard to read with that busy fabric.
 Tonight I got busy doing some cooking.  We have a huge pot of Grandma Nan's Chili cooking up for tomorrow.
 We also tried another new recipe from SkinnyTaste.  This one is Butternut Squash Lasagna.  We had this for dinner and it was really good!  Vegetarian so we now have something else we can make when Hannah visits.
 My co-worker and friend Missy got a "glamper" for Christmas.  She is having an open house type party tomorrow so we can all see it.  She had a quilt made and is working on pillows but I wanted to make something for her too.  I found this little trailer on Craftsy and whipped it up in about three hours.  I am not sure if I am going to turn it into a pillow to give her or what...she may get it as is and then I will make it into something she wants.  Will decide that later--party is tomorrow!
I did Pilates today and Patti showed me how Jump Pilates works....really cool!  I tried it and it really is good cardio without being hard on the joints.  I am signed up to take a class next Saturday.  I am so excited to find some cardio that I can do especially through the summer because it is going to soon be too hot to hike unless I get up at the crack of dawn!
I also got a pedi today--long overdue and Kathy and I just had the nicest day.  Tomorrow we are meeting Jill and one of Kathy's co-workers (Jen) at South Mountain and are hiking early.  I am already looking forward to it!

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a cute camper block. Paper piecing is so versatile.

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job on all you got done. I really like your Wild and Goosey!

Kevin the Quilter said...

The camper block is to die for! I love the photo you posted on fb as well with it all completed! You are going to love playing on your accuquilt go!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...