Saturday, February 14, 2015

Pre-Valentine's and Valentine's Day!

Thursday Kathy surprised me with a trip to "As You Wish" to pick something to paint!  I have always wanted to go do this, so it was really fun.  I picked the gnome and she picked the dog.  I had to redo her eyes about four times and in the process I wiped off her cheeks and forgot to readd them, but I cannot wait to see how she comes out!


 Today I finally got around to making Kathy a little mini quilt from Kathleen Tracy's book which I made into a pillow.  This has been on my list for the past three years!










 Kathy also got me roses and made some jello heart shot things for me.  I made her Mongolian Beef and Broccoli from my Skinny Taste cookbook, it was pretty good!


I also made the Tula Pink City Sampler blocks for this week.  Number 51 and 52.  You may recognize these little Celtic Solstice leftovers to make these.  Made it go quicker!


Linking up with Live a Colorful Life for the Choose Your Own Blockalong!

2 comments:

Deb A said...

Love your choice to paint. Reminds me of the movie Shrek! Pretty flowers - lucky you. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Cathy said...

Sounds like yall had a wonderful Valentine's day!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...