Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Finish Along


Lately I feel like I am always working on a BOM or RSC blocks and though I am making progress, I am not really getting anywhere!  I saw one of my regular blog reads (Fluffy Sheep Quilting) is participating in a quarter two finish along, so I had to follow her link and check it out!  I need a bit of a push to get some of these quilts finished!  So the first step is to post about projects that I will finish between now and July 6, 2014 and then link up!
I started Hawaii Sunset many sunsets ago, lol and have seen Andra's lovely finish and Amy's blocks come to life after our swap ages ago....I love this quilt and really just need to take the time to get it finished and quilted!  This goal might just help it see the light of day.  Maybe Amy will join in with me and put hers to the front of the line too! :)

I am so tickled with Ring Around the Hexies and need to get a backing and binding made for it and get it quilted too.  I want to hang this on the wall of the bedroom--I thought about hand quilting it, but I want to see it done sooner than that (and I have enough hand projects!) so I think I will get it out to my longarmer next time I see her and this one should be an easy finish this quarter!

I still have lots of star blocks to make and then I need to get My blue/PURPLE Heaven together and quilted and bound.  I was really enjoying this one but have been stalled out, so since it is purple month at the RSC I suspect I may get these blocks done and get to putting them together too!

After looking at many of the linked up posts, I have come to the conclusion that I need to add more to this post so I am adding in an eye spy or two.  I have a bin with lots of cut fabrics to make up this quilt again...
 And this quilt again....and one is always in need of eye spy quilts for baby gifts!  So I will play in these fabrics and try to get in a finish or two with these before the quarter two challenge ends!
 
So here is to my first FINISH ALONG goals!


3 comments:

Beth said...

Looks like some fun quilts to finish! Nothing like a little extra accountability too!

Kevin the Quilter said...

OooooooooooOOOOOOOooooooooo girl! You are gonna be busy busy busy! But, what fun to see all of your WIPs!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What fun you will have. Those Hawaii Sunset blocks - Yummy!!! Do that one first lol

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...