Wednesday, December 31, 2014

No Mystery Today but--A Pair of Flimsies!

 Well today Kathy and I did not do the mystery quilt and I was really pretty bummed about it--there just wasn't time for all that presewing at the last minute.  I made a few moth in the window blocks and was slow to get started sewing...then suddenly I realized that I could sew up the pair of 35th Ave. BOM quilt tops that Kathy and I have been working on all year.  Kathy's needed on more block (which I made) and then I got to cutting and sewing....Kathy was working on her Grand Illusion clue one all day so I did these.



Kathy's 

 Mine
 Blurry, but proof there is a pair!  I had to substitute one of the light blues in one block (which I then added to both tops as the light blue border) so I know which one is mine.  We are gifting these to my great aunts--my grandma Char's sisters Jean Ann and Sally.  I made two backings and they are all ready to go to the longarmer!
Meanwhile, Kathy finished clue one and it is finally working on clue two!  Yippee!  I need to sew a backing for my lozenges quilt.  So that is up next!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your blue and yellow quilts.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...