Monday, January 7, 2013

Turning the Corner on Easy Street!

 I got hit with a nasty cold and wasn't much in the mood to sew today.  I did some prep work for next semester's ASL 4 class and watched a little TV.  Becky came to sew earlier but I really just sorted some fabric and couldn't get going on Easy Street.  Tonight I remembered Bonnie is posting a linky tomorrow and decided I better get to turning the corner on EASY STREET!  So away I went, Kathy beside me and Barb on Skype!
 Kathy doesn't have all her blocks done but she couldn't resist putting a corner together too!  I am really loving how her colors are coming together on this one!
So here is mine all spread out on the bed.  I have to say the top went together really easily...WAY better than the blocks did for me.  I really love it.  Thank you Bonnie K. Hunter for all that you do for all of your fans.  I can't wait for the next mystery!  Linking up with Quiltville!

15 comments:

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! Like cramming for a big test you will be ready for the linky party.

Dee said...

It looks fantastic! Congradulations on getting it done so fast! I have to admit I'm a little jealous!! Great job!

Teresa in Music City said...

Gorgeous Andee!!! You did a great job, and love the colors in your friend's quilt too :*)

Gretchen said...

Fabulous quilt!

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I'm impressed that you finished it so quickly. Mine is coming along well but my seam ripper has been close by my side. Try as I might, I keep turning pieces in the wrong direction. :)

Frances Meredith said...

Its amazing how the same pattern and colour palette can look so different in each quilters hands. You have done well to get it stitched together. Great job.

spope said...

great job Andee. I am not that fast but getting there.
Sally

Kilthose said...

Your top looks great. Next time I will try using different colours and possibly a plain material instead of the black on white to calm it down somewhat.

Amy said...

Two beautiful renditions!!! Fabulous you two!

Becky said...

Tell Kathy that I really like her color choices!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Both versions look great! I agree....assembling the top was easier than assembling the blocks. Best wishes!

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go! Looks fantastic! Love Kathy's colours too!

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It is wonderful. I loved this one and can't wait for the next one too.

Barbara Sindlinger said...

Great job. Hope you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Your Easy Street looks fabulous. I also love the blue one - great colours. It was a bit of a marathon at the end, but totally worth it.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....