Saturday, January 26, 2013

Skillbuilder BOM and More



Magnum from Skillbuilder BOM is done.  It was a little improv, really the first I have ever done.  Not too shabby!

Here is Sound Wave and Magnum, before and after borders.  Next up is spray basting them because soon Alyssa will be showing us how to quilt them!  Check out www.pileofabric.com/  if you want to join in...these are the first blocks.  I am mainly trying to do them so that I can practice free motion quilting...Alyssa has not been doing it for that long, but I have seen a few of her quilts up close and she knows what she is doing!


 I also quilted three mug rugs and pieced another one.  I really love the one I am keeping and think the other two are okay...I may be making more of these, they are fun, but I sure need to work on my quilting skills!  They still need bindings, of course.

 Here is the 100 blocks mug I won resting on my mug rug even though it isn't done.  :)
 Last night I finally caught the strippy trip around the world bug...
I also trimmed up Old Tobacco Road and Kathy cut all the flying geese border parts out!

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Adorable mug rug. I assumed they were much bigger until I saw them with the mug. Enjoy your quilting practice. It gets easier each time.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...