Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quiltz Mystery Quilt




This first picture is BJ holding her first completed mystery block! Love those colors. The second one is June working hard on her block. I love her border fabric so when hers is all done it will be smashing too! And these four pink and blue blocks are mine. I managed to get two done at class (and all but the flying geese units done) and came home and did two more. Now it will have to wait until I have some more time! This quilt will be for Kathy's niece Ayla. She wants a pink quilt with teddy bears, so the backing will be teddy bears and I plan to put plenty of pink in the border too.
Roslyn met at as class was finishing to bring me Hannah and Jeremy's Carolina Crossroads quilt. It is beyond stunning! I really love it...I machine attached the binding to it and barretted the whole thing so that I can start hand sewing this week while watching TV. There will be more pictures of it when it is done. And oh there are no pictures of me because I didn't think to have anyone take one! It was a great sewing day with some fabulous friends--all met online and all strong ladies who inspire me!

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

I can't believe all the projects you have in the works Andee you are one VERY productive lady and you have a full time job too?!

Barb said...

Love the blocks!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...