Friday, January 8, 2010

A Little Strip Twist

I was very excited to try out Bonnie's Strip Twist pattern and was planning to make a baby quilt in aqua and brown...I didn't really have the required darks and lights so I decided to wing it a bit. I really didn't care for it at first, but it did grow on me. It is a bit wonky and pinning more would have helped, but I was thinking it wasn't working anyway! I think I am going to go with Weeks Ringle's "Simple Gifts" quilt...so I cut the strips from my fabrics and tomorrow will whip that up then decide which I want to give to the gal at work who just had a baby. This one may wind up a baby donation quilt for someone to love anyway...
Had a migraine again last night, took a pill, got through today...feel it coming back so off to bed I go! Oh I did work on my Carolina Christmas border blocks last night and an hour today between jobs. I have all the blocks done and a half a row assembled. I just didn't have the patience to take my time and do it right tonight so I will work on that after the baby quilt is done, well the next baby quilt!

3 comments:

Jane said...

I like the colours, very effective pattern

Candace said...

Your little strip twist is adorable, and I love the colors. I have a little one I need to finish to cover my fuse box. I've been wanting to do a brown and pink, maybe I'll have to add brown and turquoise to my wish list.

Becky said...

I think it looks fine and after a few washings you won't even notice the wonkiness anymore.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...