Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Playing with Mosaic Maker :)

I was playing with the bighugelabs mosaic maker tonight and made this little mosaic showing some of the things that the Phoenix Modern Quilt Guild has inspired me to make!  I have learned paper piecing, embroidery, some free motion quilting and how to make a needlebook!  I didn't make the cup cozy this past month but I am a bit inspired to try out applique again Cristy's way!
In a few weeks we leave for Wisconsin!  I am busy planning out all my projects and books for my Nook for the car.  I plan to hand sew these little hexi flowers onto their squares while driving so I can finally get this little doll quilt done.
I also plan to keep adding to my hand sewn hexies.  I actually brought this with me to Wisconsin two years ago (when my kids jumped out of a plane to celebrate Mac's high school graduation) and I have been working on it on and off when I am not knitting or now embroidering.  I guess I will just keep plugging away on it.  


I am also bringing some knitting...dishcloths because they are so easy.  I still am working on my craftsy socks, haven't touched that project in weeks!  I need to have Becky over soon and get back to it!

1 comment:

Quilter Kathy said...

Are you joining the hexie hop over at Sew We Quilt?
You are an expert now!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...