Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Terrific Tuesday :)

 I attempted to figure out how to sew up drawstring bags for our charity challenge...the first one was a bit small and then I decided to just make a bag for my nephew for Christmas by adapting the pattern.  Umm, gotta get back to the bags soon!
 I spent several hours tonight working on Picnic from Scrap Basket Sensations.  When it is done it will be 8 by 10 blockwise, so I am over half way there now!  The blocks aren't sewn yet because I am arranging them and rearranging them as I get more made.  I wanted to sew some modern because I mostly have been working on Bonnie stuff (and have several in progress) and wanted to get to something different.  This one has been cut for about nine months...patiently waiting for me to get to it!  I finally have a system down for sewing the blocks but no matter what I do they are a bit wonky and I just trim them down til they look good (supposed to be 6.5 inches, but mine are 6.25 and look fine to me).
Kathy has a killer cold and hasn't been feeling well since she was in Mass.  However, she managed to sew up clue four of Easy Street and now just needs to cut the squares to add to her tote.  
I am looking forward to getting the rest of these blocks done for Picnic tomorrow...then it is either back to Tobacco Road windmills or drawstring bags...or maybe a pillowcase or two?  Hope you too had a terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

scraphappy said...

Sew many fun projects. Enjoy

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...