Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Swap and a Ribbon for Cindy Lou Who!


Every month the NewQuiltingClub has a finished projects contest, and for January I won with my Cindy Lou Who Schnibbles! I have only won twice in a the few years I have been entering, so it is an honor. The competition is often stiff and I was a bit disspointed when my Double Delight didn't win several months ago...but it is a winner in my book. So imagine my suprise when the gals voted for this little quilt! The blue ribbon below is sent to me from Jan from the group for this quilt and I will most likely put it on the back of the quilt. I will have to post a picture of my first win and ribbon too, it is from just before I started blogging!

The same group did a Valentine bag swap and Jan sent me this cute bag (we all used the same pattern, free online) in reds, whites and blacks. I got a chocolate doggie and a case for glasses..which I can really use! Thanks Jan! I love it!
Not much sewing happening this week, working too much, but hoping to get some cutting done tonight!

2 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations a well deserved win

Amy said...

Hey lady! Been reading, just haven't commented in awhile!
SOOO HAPPY for you! Great job!!!!!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...