Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mosaic Star Take Two, Make that Three!

So one of my astute readers emailed me to tell me that there was an oops on my block! You can see here on the left side that I have turned the center piece...so this morning I carefully ripped it out and Y seamed it bakc in. I was quite proud of how it turned out...until...
I noticed that the error was actually in the larger center portion and so now I had to take out the two double pieces on both sides of the center. Hence actually making more work for myself than what I had to start with!

So because I am stubborn I took those two pieces out and then decide to retake the middle part off and piece it all together and put it back as one unit. So FINALLY I have a good block. (And if you see anything wrong with it, please don't tell me, LOL).


So here is an updated picture of the first six blocks with the Mosaic Star looking as it should! Thanks again to my astute reader...I might not have noticed til the full quilt was together!

6 comments:

Jane said...

So glad you got it sorted. Better now than later

Amy said...

ooooooooooo.......
I can't believe I didn't notice that error on your last post myself...
BUT, NO Andee - I don't think you have any errors left on your block :0)

I haven't actually laid out all six of my blocks yet, but yours sure are striking! Controlled-scrappy with the consistent background sure tied everything together nicely!

Roslyn said...

Oh LOL I have made a booboo frogged it, then sewn it back the SAME way again! Duh.More than once too! Make sure you press your block really well Andee especially when you have to remake it. I was taught to press dry from the back then with steam from the front to remove those stubborn "pleats at the seams.

Quilter Kathy said...

What commitment you have to stick with the repairs...looks perfect now!
Your blocks look amazing all together!

Candace said...

It's going to be a great quilt, your blocks look great together. I had to take the Florida block apart two or three times, it's hard to 'see' everything, we get our scotomas. (I learned that word in our Rah Rah training when I was working)

Gigi's Thimble said...

I ♥ all of your projects you've got on here. These mosaic stars are gorgeous and I love the two pictures you've got on your header. So pretty!

Thanks for entering my giveaway and have a great day!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...