Thursday, January 25, 2024

Nita Seamripper Strikes Again!

Agent Nita Seamripper here.  Clue three from the Secret Agent Quiltalong is done.  Somehow I cut one wrong fabric, one wrong size in that fabric and forgot to cut one thing.  It is all fixed now and hopefully works out so that I do not run out of the miscut color!
Here is my fabric for the Cuts and Bolts Game Day (Superbowl Sunday) mystery quilt.  Sadly, the Packers are out so I am free to sew.

Today, after getting a cut and color--badly needed, I cut out and sewed the stuff for that mystery.
Yesterday I did my first Rainbow Scrap Challenge Block for 2024.  I decided to do the A Quilting Life BOM but in the rainbow colors.  I am making the outside star scrappy for each block and then coordinating whatever is on the inside.  Love being able to do both but have less work.  I really wanted to do Bonnie's Morning Glories for the RSC, but have put it off for now.
                                         

7 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Love the green star! Perfect for RSC4. I am not familiar with the Secret Agent Quiltalong. Can you tell me more?

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW smart to pair the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with the QL BOM, Andee! Your first block turned out beautifully.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you're working on some fun projects in pretty colors, too! I love that star within a star. Sounds like a great idea to,combine a QAL with the RSC colors!

Jenny said...

That's a pretty green star, congratulations on your first RSC block of the year.

Deb A said...

Love how you combined the two challenges and those scrappy outer starts are lovely. I might have to try that sometime. That secret agent quiltalong looks so fun. Love the colors.

Astrid said...

Miscutting is never fun, glad it was an easy fix. That's one pretty star block! I have to check out that QAL. Fun projects you're working on.

Susie H said...

Scrumptious colors for your Super Bowl Mystery quilt. Great idea to incorporate RSC with A Quilt Life's 2024 BOM!

Moth in the Window Blocks are Complete!

I have eighty-one Moth in the Window blocks made this time around.  I laid them out and then took pictures, stared, changed things around, a...