Sunday, December 4, 2016

Andee and Kathy do Clue Two: En Provence

 Got the tree up.  Even found a pretty tablerunner I made a few years ago to put under it!  I spent a good bit of the week (besides working) prepping for finals and digging all my ASL stuff that was in totes out of the garage.  I had no idea I had amassed so much stuff!  We cleaned the garage after I got so much of it out of there and we pulled all the Christmas stuff out.  Found the last (please let it be the last) tote of teaching materials in with the totes that had come in for Christmas. So I have one more to go through--later!
Friday night Kathy and I worked on En Provence.  She finished up her clue one while I cut all of my clue two and her neutrals.  I then started sewing..for once taking my time to do things right.  Had good music on and a glass of wine too.  Discovered I have never cut the notch out of this unit before and that my life is much easier if I follow Bonnie's directions! A few astute ladies on Quiltville's Open Studio commented on my lack of notches which made me realize I was misunderstanding the bit about the notches!  I made this same unit in Celtic Solstice and Smith Mountain Morning and always thought I was to eyeball a notch and leave it hanging out.  HAHA!  If you cut the notch out it lines right up on the other piece.  Right there in Bonnie's directions but apparently I speed read and try to follow the pictures.   So I went back and cut all the notches and started again...
More good music and lots of notches getting cut.  I am using a dusty peach in several different fabrics for Bonnie's constant magenta.  Should be interesting.


 Did lots of teaching related finals prep (including running to the school for copies), grocery shopping, cleaning, furniture moving and Christmas decorating today.  We watched Shrek the Halls and the Muppet Christmas to keep Kathy in the mood.
 We put the dog gate all around it and are hoping that keeps the dogs away.  By the time all that was done, dinner made and cleaned up (and a batch of sugar scrub for Christmas gifts) I did the last of the prep for finals and we crawled into the quilting studio.  We both lamented we were ready for bed..it was not even 8 PM.  We sewed for maybe thirty minutes and decided clue two can wait another day. 
 Kathy is using Patriots colors for her mystery quilt.  You can see her paint chips on her machine and all her clue one and more than half of clue two parts. 
I have less than 20 to go (and we always try to make a few extras) but here they are.  I am linking up with Bonnie so you can see all the progress!  In case you wanted to see EVERY Mystery quilt Bonnie has ever done here is my Parade of Quiltville Mystery Quilts!  How is your clue coming along?

8 comments:

Kevin the Quilter said...

Hmmmm, you two sure can quilt......but, may have dubious taste when it comes to football teams? LOLOL JK Sounds like a busy, busy weekend for you! We are all using different color schemes! How fun is that!!?!?

Vireya said...

I must get my Christmas tree set up! Yours looks lovely.

Happy to see two different-coloured mysteries in progress. I didn't have the mental energy to pick different colours this year. But I love participating and seeing everyone's uniquely beautiful quilts coming together.

Ramona said...

Your peach fabrics are so soothing. Lovely fabrics.

Terri said...

Great progress, you two! Looking forward to seeing your finish with the personalized colors. Hugs to you both.

Kathy said...

Looks great - I'm encouraged that you're using a variety of fabrics for your constant, as that is my plan too. I look forward to seeing your progress with a different set of colors!

Marly said...

I can't imagine how you managed these triangle squares WITHOUT the notches; I find it tricky enough WITH! Your peach fabric is delightful; I'm looking forward to seeing what you team it up with. You two are lucky having the same hobby; you make pieing into a social event!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on a productive weekend. LOVE Kathy's color choices, but not because of a sports team!! Looking forward to seeing how different the two quilts turn out.

Feathers in my Nest said...

Love the Peach fabric! Go Patriots! Love them. Oh, and very nice Red Sox lunch pail. Beautiful tree too.

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....