Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Scrappy Trippin'

 Since I was off work today I decided to dig out my scrappy trip blocks and start playing.  After adding one block I took a picture and decided I like the barn raising look.



 I kept adding blocks while watching some old movies (Serenity and Hackers) and eventually decided it was big enough!


 Two blocks are turned the wrong way in the picture below, caught one before sewing and one after!  This kind of quilt really requires me to sit back and study it!







 Got crazy and added a lime border.



 Then nothing looked quite right for an outer border so this black leafy fabric wound up there.  Tomorrow I hope to make a backing for it and call it done (for now!).


Patter is a free one on Quiltville!

4 comments:

jjthor said...

I love your quilt! The lime green border makes it!

Jennifer

Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

believe it or not I found a light cover-up at JCPenney yesterday in just this pattern.
Had to have it, I have a class with Bonnie today :)

Great layout!

Moneik said...

I love this pattern! It's my first Bonnie quilt, but I'm dojng a controlled center strip. I struggle so much with scrappiness.

Roslyn said...

As scrappy as this is it definitely needed calming borders!Looks very different once the borders are on.
Good choice Andee!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...