Sunday, April 29, 2012

My Weekend

 I finally finished a tribble scrubbie.  I had forgotten how to make them and there was much ripping and looking up things before I got it right.  It is might cute though so I will be making more of them.
Yesterday we all went up to New River to help my sister move into her new house and my parents move into theirs.  It is nowhere near done, but much progress was made.  Spent the day today helping June pack for her move.  I did the entire sewing room and fabric which was the best room to pack as far as I am concerned.  Randy helped me and Kathy and June worked on the kitchen.  There is a lot of work to be done!
I did sneak in a tiny bit of sewing this morning...made more tiny bow ties and this block.  Two more and I can add another row to my cheddar challenge quilts.
 I forgot to show you a picture of these four blocks I got last weekend.  They are paper pieced and were
from the estate fabric sale.  I think they will go into a QOV to donate.  I haven't taken pictures yet of the heart blocks I also got.

Late this afternoon we moved all the furniture, ripped the carpet and padding out of our room and prepped everything for our hardwood floor installation tomorrow.  I can hardly wait for it to be done.  I cleaned everything top to bottom as we moved it out and dusted the walls and shook dog hair and dust out of everything so it will all be super clean when it gets put back together tomorrow night.   I work til ten so it make take two days to get it all squared away but it is a new beginning which I am in desperate need of.  
Still missing DJ and haven't seen her at all.  Have heard lots of nasty rumors which all put together point to someone I don't even know.  I don't know what to believe and I guess it doesn't matter anyway, it is over.  I only wish I could have a mind wipe so it didn't hurt so bad:  

"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd."
- Alexander Pope



2 comments:

scraphappy said...

New hardwoods! So much fun. Clearing out a room is always SO much work, but it will feel good to have a nice fresh start. Adorable bow-ties. Slowly but surely, even tiny blocks will make a quilt.

Roslyn said...

Love the PP blocks good start on another QOV.
Don't you love new starts? And hardwood floors beat all you will be happy withrsomain foitinc it!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....