Friday, May 20, 2011

Designer Mystery BOM Top without Borders is Done!

My friend Michelle (who also was my knitting and crochet teacher a few summers back) facebooked me and asked if I wanted two huge boxes of her fabric scraps. I love it when people clean up their sewing area and I get to play with all their leftovers! I felt like I had won the lottery.



I sorted through the two huge boxes and can use one overflowing box worth for quilting. Some of it was not cotton fabric so I think I will be redonating that, but the cotton stuff will be great cut into strips to stuff my bins. There were even several LARGE chunks that will be good for backings. A ton of muslin too. Thanks Michelle!



I had to buy this magazine..mainly for Bonnie's block, but I found several others I really like in there too!



I am hoping to make at least one "Winson Ways" block this weekend just for fun. I love it, love it, love it! Bonnie has really made me fall for small pieces and scrappy looking stuff!

DJ helped me cut up a bunch of kiddo prints to make my cousin Tara a baby quilt, and Kathy came over and helped cut the solids...one more solid to go and then I can get to sewing this quilt.


I had several days of migraines this week, and yesterday was the worst one I have had since I came to Arizona. There was puking involved and everything. I had to call in sick to work and put off my sewing plans too. Today I am feeling much much better and am happy to have lived to tell about it. Seriously the pain of a migraine is worse than childbirth!

So today I got home from work and after doing bill paying and general stuff I had to do I found time to complete the LAST block of the Designer Mystery BOM! This is block twelve "The Final Touch" designed by Sherri Falls of www.thisandthatpatterns.com and I really like this one. It went together quickly and though the top isn't centered right, I like it.


So I put the sashing on and attached it to the rest of the quilt!


I didn't get to the stars in the border as I had hoped, but they are cut and are next in line...sort of. LOL, I need to get to Tara's baby quilt since that needs to go to Wisconsin for her baby shower in June!

This is what the borders will look like :)





3 comments:

Amy said...

Great jackpot on the fabric gift :0)!
I'm bummed to hear about your week of migraines; as I've said in the past---I rarely have headaches, much less migraines, but my sister does and it's not fun from what I witness.

Goodluck on your baby quilt goal.

Suburban Stitcher said...

I knew you'd be on it! Great job on that BOM... Never did do block 11 last month so now I'm TWO behind! Oh well... :)

Thelma said...

Oh your BOM quilt looks marvelous! Makes me wonder why I fretted over every fabric and design change. I'm eager to see that blue border on those blocks!

Congratulations for keeping up and getting that sashing on!

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...