Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pincushions!


I think I didn't show a picture of the pincushion I got from the exchange on my NewQuilingClub Yahoo group. It is this little star. There was a mix up and mine was the only one not to arrive by the start date (the gal sent me a quilt meant for someone else and I think that person got my pincushion which was supposed to be a cute little ladybug) but it did happily arrive a few days later. The button fell off in the mail and my dog liked it so now it has that "charm" of being well loved. I put it up on a shelf we hung in the quilting studio so I can display my little pincushion collection. Thanks Ruth!


I went over to June's (and BJ came too) last Sunday for a few hours. I worked on these larger than life pear pincushions and finished them up today. I think if I make more I will do them a bit smaller so they look a bit more real! One is going to my collection, and the other will go to someone for Christmas I think. I used leftover scraps (see the lining and Amy Butler fabric from my hat?) and also used my new lime prize fabric...I think they turned out cute. I added some new leaf pins and they are ready to go!









Also at June's I worked on clue one for Holiday Lights. I have 24 more of the last block to do and then they all need trimming, no picture of those yet.



2 comments:

Sue said...

Those are adorable pears....and your exchange pincushion is very cute....I think your dog's reaction was very typical of a pet....They always want to get in on the action, don't they?

Jane said...

i love the pear pincushions, they look fabulous

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...