Tuesday, January 5, 2021

New Year's Mysteries

New Year's Eve I started working on the Party Poppers Mystery Quilt from the Facebook Mystery Quilts Anonymous group. Debi is the designer and she lives in New Zealand so she started on her New Year's Day which meant I got to start on New Year's Eve.  Unfortunately , by the third clue I was ready for bed!  

On New Year's Day I sewed up some of clue three (there were glitches and delays with my next mystery) but finished up clue three on Sunday.  Today I finally put the blocks into a top.
All the completed stacks of blocks.

Party Poppers!  I love the movement in this top.  I should add a border of some sort to bring out the birds better but for now, it is done.


On New Year's Day I started working on the Merry Mayhem Medallion Mystery quilt.  








Spent the entire day sewing with Barb and Becky who were also working on it.  Was a super fun marathon on sewing online.  

 Next up is back to working on Grassy Creek clue five.   I have cut the corners for it and dug out the light blue strings (I am using those instead of grey) and today the paper arrived.  I discovered that I did not have a phone book of the right size!  Thursday another clue comes out for the Morewood Mystery too (and I have bloodwork and two medical tests in the morning) so I am down to two mysteries, whew!

3 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Mystery quilting really seems to motivate you, Andee. SEW fun!!!

Angela said...

I can't believe how much you got done. AND they both look great. Congratulations.

tinkercreekquilts said...

When will you be posting a picture of the finished (quilted) New Year's Mystery quilt? Excited to see it!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...