Sunday, November 11, 2018

Prepping for Good Fortune!

Good Fortune Quiltville Mystery has fabric requirements available online.  This mystery will be starting on Black Friday and usually goes until around New Years.  By February the free pattern (with step by step awesome instructions) is pulled and you will need to buy the pattern. If you aren't going to make it, I suggest saving the steps anyway in case you fall in love with it!
My daughter Hannah recently got re-engaged to her high school sweetheart (they split not long after we moved out here to Arizona) and she is happier than I have ever seen her.
We love Jeremy and are glad they both had time to see what else is out there and still come back together.  The wedding is set for June 14th in Pepin.  Kathy and I are seriously considering moving back to Wisconsin at the start of June.  We are about 80 percent there. Not sure where we will land there (and it could be Minnesota) as it depends alot on where these two want to relocate to.  They plan on start their family immediately and want us grandmas there to help raise the babies.  We will brave the dark and cold of Wisconsin for that honor. 
My son Jay, whose official name is Mackenzie, has been engaged to Liz for a few years now and they are closer to setting a date.  They do not plan a big shindig and may even get married at the Renn Faire. 
We love Liz as she is like Jay's perfect match!  So easygoing and funny.  These two currently live in Appleton but plan to move to Green Bay to finish college.  After that no telling but I hope they wind up near us, or us near them!
So since these girls both love and I mean LOVE purple, Kathy and I decided we will both work on purple mystery quilts this year.  We are planning to do one with neutrals and one with darks as neutrals.  We will change up which color goes where but the palate will otherwise be the same.

I also love the name of this quilt and hope both these couples have good fortune for years and years!

4 comments:

Vireya said...

Two happy couples to receive two Good Fortune quilts - great plan!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great idea to make your Good Fortune quilts into wedding quilts!! Best of luck with this year's Mystery.

Moneik said...

Congrats on the two weddings! What a great idea to make the mystery quilts for them.

Pat Burke said...

I love you color pallet. Where did you get the template online to pick colors and display the picture?

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...