Saturday, August 29, 2015

Wicked Indigo!

Last Thursday night Kathy and I went and saw Wicked!  A few years ago she gifted DJ and I tickets but didn't get to go herself.  I thought it was time she got to see it too. It was great again!


Sewed up my indigo log cabin bitty blocks today.  Just in time for the next month's pattern to come out.  There just doesn't seem to be enough time for sewing these days.  Not sure if it is my work and exercise schedule or what but just less time that I can sew somehow.

Here are al the bitty blocks so far.
We have a wedding shower and wedding coming up soon (and another wedding after that) and the couple loves green and gold (but not like Packer fans, lol) so I found three of Kathy's leftover Celtic Solstice blocks and added borders to it so we have a table runner for the shower.  I found fun backing fabric and now I just need to get it quilted!
Last weekend we met up with Ros and traded out Orange Crush for Grand Illusion.  I got the binding attached to one side tonight.  Tomorrow I hope to finish it off.

And I caught up on indigo for the RSC.  Here is Mr. Roosevelt's Bow Tie and Road to California.
All three of this month's indigo blocks. Linking up with SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

8 comments:

Karen said...

Lots of pretty blocks. I love your itty bitty blocks. I have only made the first block. I need to get busy and make the rest of the blocks because they are so adorable.

scraphappy said...

I don"'to know how you are finding time to sew at all with all that exercising. All in good time though. Fabric is patient.

Magpie Sue said...

I really like your indigo RSC blocks. And that quilt is going to be fabulous! Doesn't putting binding on qualify as exercise? It ought to!

Marly said...

Great looking indigo blocks, and congratulations on keeping your bitty blocks up to date. I'm no-where near on that score!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a fair amount to accomplish with such a busy schedule. GREAT use of leftover Celtic Solstice blocks and your RSC blocks look lovely!!!

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely indigo blocks and some nice projects in the works.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your itty bitty blocks. I have totaly ignored my blog this summer...must bet back to it.

Sheila said...

Glad you were able to see Wicked.
Beautiful blocks and table runner. Summer is a busy time. It's difficult to find time for everything.

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...