Saturday, August 15, 2015

Catching Up on the Happenings!

 My oldest son moved back to Wisconsin to be with his girlfriend a few months ago and they decided to get married.  I was unable to take more time of work to go back for the wedding (was just off work twice and am going on a cruise in October) but I attended the wedding on Skype.  I looked like heck because I had just finished Jump Pilates and arrived at work when I got to see it.  This was my view! Here are all the folks that went to the courthouse.  They had a party after at Famous Dave's and then headed to a bar.  I skyped with them there after work too.
 Here is Coleman with his bride Chelsea and my daughter Hannah and son Mackenzie.  



 Tried super hard to get to 100 pounds down last week.  Got up at 5 AM to go hiking before it got crazy hot.  117 around here lately! This picture is me with my leader Joelle (her last day leading) and I was so thrilled to get to 100 with her!  Only took me almost 18 months, but hey I got there!

In some quilty news...a few weeks ago Tuesday my friends Becky and Kathy and I presented a Bonnie Hunter Quiltville Palooza at our Nimble Thimbles meeting.  We brought tons of quilts and tops as well as binders full of patterns, books and pictures.  We talked about the scrap user system, leaders and enders, mystery quilts, social media and anything else we could think of related to Bonnie Hunter.  It was a lot of fun!


I really haven't much been in the mood to sew lately at all.  Not sure what is up with that.  I have been reading alot and haven't started on my indigo for the August RSC sampler or Betty's Choice blocks, or on the log cabin bitty blocks!  Hopefully something will happen tomorrow!

6 comments:

Vireya said...

Congratulations to the happy couple, and super congratulations to you on being down 100! Well done keeping motivated even in that heat.

Kathy S. said...

OMG, Andee!!! You look fabulous. Congrats on hitting that 100 mark. I wish you great success with your new leader. I know you worked so hard for it. Your guild was lucky to have the Bonnie Palooza! What fun. Congrats on Coleman getting married. Good for him (and his new bride). Too cool to be able to Skype in at the wedding. Love it!

Angie said...

Congrats on your 100 lb. milestone! Wishing you continued success as you learn to love your healthier lifestyle!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on making 100 and on your new DIL. Here's hoping that your quilting mojo returns as the temps begin to cool. Soon!!!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Congrats to your son and his bride! I would have LOVED to have attended your Bonnie Quiltapalooza! That looks like so much fun! Hey, we all go through highs and lows with sewing. Trust me, the bug will hit you again to stay in your sewing room all day long again!

Kathy S. said...

I'm starting a new journey and joining WW. I hope I can put as much hard work into it as you. Our insurance reimburses me a percent. That helps with cost. You have inspired me to try again. I haven't been to a WW meeting since 2010. Can you help me by telling me your three favorite go-to snacks (and points value) and your three go-to dinners and their points values? It would help me get off to a good start. I need ideas!!! Hopefully the meetings will help with this. I will weigh in on Wednesdays. What is your day? THanks :)

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...