Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Princess Crown and More!

Our daughter and son in law got us a long weekend together in Door County for Christmas and we picked up this little goat for our Christmas ornament this year to remember the trip.  We did many fun things with Hazel that we had not done when Hannah and I went five years ago, including the goat parade in Sister's Bay.  We did play a new game called Mantis which we really enjoyed.  We took the long way there because Mom and Dad (now in Marshfield) watched the dogs.  We played Nine Golf the night we spent with them as it is Mom's favorite!
A few weeks ago I sewed the June A Quilting Life BOM.  Love how it came out.  I also spent the last few weeks cutting two and sewing one Princess Crown quilt.

Sunshine loves it!

It is quite scrappy. Plan is for it to be for Hannah's next daughter..due mid August.  We cannot wait!


Picked up this fun Grease fabric at a Goodwill.  The price was right!

                                                 

This is the HUGE tree in our front yard.  It is a Capella tree.  It has pretty flowers but they fall all over and stick to everything!  Then in the fall it will drop huge pods all over too.  Good thing it is gorgeous!  I sat outside one day and read my book and enjoyed the view and the shade.  We have no trees in the fence in the backyard but have two huge spruce trees--one is a blue spruce and the other maybe a white spruce just outside of our fence.  We had to get an umbrella for the table because there was no shade back there!

1 comment:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

What a lovely post! I am like you, more of a piecer than a quilter. I love the hand stuff. Beautiful little woolen goat! You have pretty projects on the go. I am looking hard at beginning a Dear Jane journey using EPP. Happy Stitching from me!

Moth in the Window Blocks are Complete!

I have eighty-one Moth in the Window blocks made this time around.  I laid them out and then took pictures, stared, changed things around, a...