Thursday, June 1, 2023

All Moved in Gardening, Birding, and Sewing!

We planted two rosebushes because I hated leaving the ones we planted three years ago at our rental.  Looking forward to seeing these grow.  There are already lots of annuals planted around the house which suits us fine as I do not love gardening (love looking at it, but not putting in the work and energy to get there).  You can also see that we sprayed Hazel's mosaics and put them out.  I need to have her make some for this year (we did them on Mother's Day previously but with moving we did not get there this year!).
I sewed up a mini/med size pillow case for another pillow for Hazel to use while napping here.
We also bought a few cheap bird feeders (disposable) just to see if the many birds in the area would stop at our window.  This is just above the rose bushes.  We have lots of goldfinches stopping in and some house sparrows too.  I have not seen others at the feeder yet, but I downloaded the Merlin app and have discovered by recording their songs that we have House Finches, Red-Wing Blackbirds, Northern Cardinals, European Starlings, House Sparrows, Brown-headed Cowbirds, and American Robins in the area.  Hazel and I are enjoying learning about the birds!

 I finally got a picture of the border on this Lori Holt quilt.  This is the one Hannah wants for her soon to come daughter.  I need to get it out to the longarmer!


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting all moved into the new place, Andee, and getting the quilt top done for the new grand on the way!

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....