Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Our New Home and Table Toppers

I thought I would share our new house since I skipped over that when I first started blogging again!  I finally hung up the cool metal quilt blocks my cousin gave me a few years ago.  They are hanging in the entry area right outside my quilting room.

I got rid of the weeds and planted three rose bushes in front of our house.  They are doing well.  I have never planted or cared for roses so I am excited about this!
Here is our bedroom with Frolic on the bed and Picnic on the wall for now.  Lots of mermaids and beach stuff.  I love that our bed is between the windows (we had to leave our headboard behind and I have not found a new one I like yet to replace it) and I can listen to the rain and see what is going on.

Again the sewing room.  I spend as much time as I can right here!  Kathy got a new office chair so her sewing chair is back in here and the wooden chair has found its way to the living room.
The view from my chair in the sewing room.
The living room (really the dining room but we changed it up!).  I ordered a new recliner for me but it has not come yet so we do not spend too much time in here yet.
The view from the living room facing the sewing room/front door.
The kitchen is huge.  We put our huge kitchen table in there and it works for the two of us and we can pull the table out to play games when the kids come over.  I bought the checked drapes after deciding I did not have any fabric that I wanted to use and really did not want to make FOUR sets of valances.  My old kitchen valance matched the bathroom so since there was only one, it found its way there.
We bought the special dish rack because I really wanted to not have a drainer on the cupboard.  No directions to put it together so that was fun, but we love it.
Singer kitty is on the freezer (which also fits in the kitchen!).


Sunshine is modeling the second tulip quilt.  I love this so much and am undecided if I should keep it or mail it off to a friend of mine.


I also quilted all three of these table toppers that have been piled up and waiting awhile.  They are all in the gift pile.

6 comments:

Vireya said...

Your new home looks very warm and inviting. The roses are obviously happy!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the house tour, Andee!! Best of luck with your rose bushes.

Deb A said...

I love house tours! Yours is lovely. I found that roses are pretty hearty and do well with little care over the winter... I inherited some with my first house and I tried to kill them by not covering them over the winter in Vermont. They loved it so the roses and I created a truce - I ignored them and they flourished!

SandyPA said...

Thanks for sharing pics of your new place. I like your red gingham valences in the kitchen. Looks like your sewing room will be fun to spend many hours sewing your creations. Love your Frolic quilt! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Moneik said...

Beautiful home photos. It looks like you have a wonderful new arrangment.

hoda said...

شركة نقل عفش بالكويت
من أفضل شركات نقل العفش بالكويت ولدينا خبرة كبيرة فى فك وتركيب وتغليف ونقل العفش، نقل آمن، بدون فقدان أى قطعة أثاث، وبدون تضرر أي قطعة أثاث

https://www.almota7ses.com/
إتصل الآن ولا تتردد 50616695

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...