Friday, August 7, 2020

A Flimsy Finish and a Start

I finished the Jelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt top.  Turned out cute and most likely will be quilted by me and become a baby gift.  I never seem to have a shortage of folks who want a baby quilt so I am focused on doing more of those.  To that end, I have been Video Sewing with BJ (and Andrea) and BJ was telling me how much fun she was having with Bonnie Hunter's Chunky Churndash blocks.  That got me thinking I could use my kid fabric and make some more baby quilts!  
I kitted up oodles and oddles.  No counting or anything, just went through my bin and made sets that would work.  Here are the first six blocks...I already have lots more made and today I made the alternate blocks but have not taken more pictures so I guess I better get back to sewing!

4 comments:

Vireya said...

The Snowflake mystery looks sweet for a baby quilt, and your new start looks like a fun one.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun, Andee!! Kitting up all of those Chunky Churn Dash blocks will definitely increase productivity. Your Jelly Snowflake turned out SEW cute!

Deb A said...

Love how your mystery quilt top came out. Such a fun block for kids prints to show them off! I can see a little one doing an iSpy as they get older searching for things.....

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

YourJelly Snowflake Mystery Quilt top is wonderful, well done!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...