Sunday, August 23, 2020

Morewood Mystery, Games and Chunky Churn Dashes Galore!


Spent some time these past weeks cutting and sewing four Chunky Churn Dash quilts from Quiltville.  Free pattern if you click on the link.  SUPER fun and fast.  I was not planning on making four baby quilts (though I always seem to be in need of them for gifts) but it was fun since I used my huge bucket of kid fabrics.  I just kept on making sets while gabbing on the video phone with BJ and sometimes Andrea too.  At least we have technology during Covid to keep up close.  




Kathy made a table to go with my chair out front.  She still needs to make her chair..it is in progress.  I love reading out here and have read several books the past few weeks.
Hannah and Jeremy came over Friday (we had to quarantine after mom and dad left) since we knew we were going to see Jay Saturday and would have to quarantine again.  We are not taking any chances with the baby coming in less than a month!  So we played Horrified twice and finally won the second time!

SaS
Saturday at Jay's we took him to get new glasses and helped set up the futon we delivered (gifted since his sister no longer had room for it setting up for baby) and played Catan.  He won of course, but I feel like we held our own...only played it a few times.  

I started the Morewood Mystery too. Picked out my fabrics from my stash...chose a few I am not so nuts about but need to get them moving off my shelf!  This mystery gives a clue once a month (which is a little slow for me) but thought it would be something nice to look forward to.  She offters a sneak peak (she will email it) but you cannot post it so that those who do not want to see won't see it.  I have never done a mystery like that but of course I had to look!  


Mystery is all cut and waiting for the sewing instructions!
Dr. Scrappy Kathy finished her Jelly Snowflake and added an outer border to it.
Barb finished hers and added a star in the center which really makes her red pop.
Kathy and I sent one of the eye spy quilts to the family that bought our house.  They flipped it and did a great job.  His wife was pregnant with baby number 3..it arrived and their middle son claimed it before baby was born!  They sent us a nice thank you and this picture.  :) Makes our hearts happy!

I saw that on Temecula Quilt Company blog she put some little quilts in a wine rack for display.  Since i have yet to replenish my wine supply I decided to try it out.  Kind of cute!

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

All your baby quilts are so cute! and the snowflakes look great. What a great smile on that little one!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on those Chunky Churn quilt tops, Andee! Always a good idea to have a few baby quilts on hand.

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...