Friday, March 13, 2015

Still Crushin on the Orange!


 This week I sewed red and black hst's every chance I got so that I would get clue four done on Orange Crush.  It worked out well because part way through the week I was working on the blocks!
 Jill and I went for our hike on Thursday at South Mountain.  We are posing at the stone house.  Kathy went with but hiked on her own and did about half as long.  She found out she doesn't have shingles but still is having a lot of pain in back and down her arm.
 A few weeks ago Lori over at Humble Quilts had a giveway for some stencils (this is her picture with the winnings since mine didn't turn out so you could see them) from Cindy over at The Stencil Company and I won!  I found out about this just as I was coming home from the hospital which made my day better at a time I really needed it!  Thanks Lori and Cindy!  I am really looking forward to trying these out.  Most likely I will be trying them on a small quilt or two that I will machine quilt.  Normally I hate machine quilting, but I am kind of excited to try it with a template that should make things look better!  I will be sharing when I am done.

Today I worked an early job and my regular gig, then I went to Pilates before heading home and hitting Orange Crush hard again.  I completed the blocks and got them all pressed.  
 I also started clue five by cutting all the orange squares.  Blue to go and then the next block starts coming together...though as I type this I think I realize I skipped making half blocks (or I need to do half blocks this clue?  I think that is it) I will be double checking that this weekend!  Sometimes my cart gets ahead of my horse!
Tomorrow is a typical crazy day and there won't be much sewing.  Jump Pilates in the morning, hiking with Suli in the afternoon and then Colton's 2nd birthday party.  Gonna be a fun, crazy day! Hopefully I can sew in the evening.  Hope there is sewing time in your weekend.

Oh for news on the weight--I think I mentioned that after my surgery I had gained 5.2 pounds (due to IV, etc.) which freaked me out.  Why is it so hard to lose and so easy to gain?  Anyway this week I lose 11 (yes ELEVEN) pounds since all the water weight flushed out and I lost.  Such a relief, I gotta tell ya!  So my total now is 88.2 pounds and I got my third ten percent of total body weight loss too.  I still have plenty to go, but I am more sure everyday that I am gonna get there!  :)

6 comments:

scraphappy said...

So glad your body is getting back on track. Slow and steady.....Hope some quiet time finds you at the end your busy day. Enjoy!

Scrappy quilter said...

Great job on the weight loss. Those numbers are very impressive!

Julierose said...

Oh super job on that weight loss!! I cannot seem to lose any lately (maybe that ice cream at night?? ;--000) Anyway, hoping to get back to my walking this upcoming week as the weather forecast looks good.
Hugs, Julierose

Lori said...

Your weight loss is Awesome! Slow and steady wins the race. Hmmm Orange Crush...Did I finish that one, I really should check on that.

Vireya said...

Sounds like good news in all directions!

Roslyn said...

I am so proud of you for sticking with it, I know you will get there. You have maade the mental switch like BJ did and there is no going back, right?
Big hugs to you, Kathy too I know she is keeping on the road to better health.
xxxx
Roslyn

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...