Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Quiltville Mystery Quilts Parade

In order of when Bonnie offered them, here are my previous mystery quilts:
**some of these quilt patterns are still free online at Quiltville, others are in Bonnie's books**

1. Carolina Crossroads was the first mystery quilt Bonnie offered online in 2007.  I joined the quiltvillechat yahoo group after it had started so I decided to join in on the next mystery.  Finally in June of 2010 I started working on it and after about a year I finished it!  I loved Bonnie's colors so I didn't change anything and I gave it to my brother Sam and his wife Tiffany.

2. Orange Crush was the second mystery, but was actually my first!  Made in Spring of 2008--in the beginning there was more than one mystery per year. I didn't change up any colors for this one either.  This is the quilt that made me fall in love with scrappy!  I gave it to Kathy's niece Megan and have been wanting it back ever since!

3. Tobacco Road was the August 2008 mystery.  I didn't make this one at the time either.  I was teaching and had WAY too much prep to do since I was using a different curriculum than I had always used.  Kathy and I later went back and tag teamed on this one. It doesn't have a home yet.

4. Double Delight was the January 2009 mystery.  This one is on my bed and is the first time I used cheddar.  Cheddar is now an absolute favorite of mine!

5. Christmas Lights was a Quiltmaker mystery that Bonnie designed starting in the July/August 2009 issue. It is our Christmas Quilt.  It was much easier than the previous mysteries since it was only three parts.  It is still a great design and was really fun to make!

6. Carolina Christmas was the next online mystery in 2009.  This is the first one that I decided to mess with the colors!  I had just done a Christmas quilt and wanted something with purple in it for my daughter Hannah.  Here is the result.  

7. Roll, Roll, Cotton Boll was the 2010 mystery.  This was my first time making string blocks.  I didn't like them--then suddenly I LOVED them.  This one is still at my house--I have a hard time parting with Bonnie's quilts!

8. Orca Bay/Green Bay was the 2011 mystery.  I didn't have the colors Bonnie suggested  in the right quantities and so I decided to use two fat quarter stacks of greens and golds.  Near the end I suddenly realized I had a PACKER quilt!  I gave it to Randy--it was so hard to part with!

9. Easy Street was the 2013 mystery. This quilt was given to my god-daughter Kelsey for her high school graduation.  

10. Lazy Sunday was a four part mystery in Quiltmaker magazine starting in March/April of 2013.  I was inspired by a Better Homes and Gardens palette and changed up Bonnie's colors.  It doesn't have a home yet either--and in fact just came off Ros' longarm a day or two ago.  I will get it on Saturday and will get it bound soon. 

11.  Celtic Solstice is going to be number I have changed up the colors and am hoping that it will be another Packer colored quilt.  


12. Grand Illusion 



13. Allietare!
14. En Provence


I have enjoyed making each and every one of these quilts and my understanding of quilting, color, quarter inch seams, etc. has really grown with each quilt Bonnie offers.  Step by step (and with awesome pictures) I can sew anything.  How many Bonnie mysteries have you made?
P.S. If you want to see all the Bonnie quilts (not just the mysteries) check out my Quiltvile Parade page.  
Thanks to Kathy for inspiring me to create my own parade of Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilts!  

15 comments:

Adventurous Quilter said...

Wow they all look great!

Jan said...

They are all gorgeous. I.love the orca bay in those colours

Kathy's A Quilter said...

these are all fabulous, and what a fantastic documentation record.

Yvette said...

I can't pick a favorite, they are all wonderful.

jeri said...

Amazing! I have just one under my belt, but my sisters and I are going to be cutting CC together on Friday. Nothing like having incentive to keep up. Gotta love it!

Quilter Kathy said...

How fun! I love how you structured your parade with the photos and info... you are so organized!
Each one is gorgeous!
Can't wait to start the next one and wish I could come to your party!!

Andra Gayle said...

What a lovely collection! i am trying to refrain from joining Celtic Solstice and instead will try to finish my Orca Bay or Easy Street!

Kevin the Quilter said...

All are simply amazing and beyond beautiful! What a true Bonnie addict you are! LOL

Unknown said...

These are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them and passing on your addiction to Bonnie mysteries.

Laura said...

How did you ever give away Orca Bay? That quilt was so much work, and yours is beautiful.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilts, you are really a true Bonnie addict as Kevin says!!

Lee said...

How cool it is that you've done them all. I only came into the world of blogging a couple years and found Bonnie's blog after Orca Bay (love yours in green & gold) was already well underway. I did Easy Street last year, it's a flimsy without borders - still need to decide whether to add or not.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So interesting to see these all in a row. I'm doing my first BH mystery--where have I been?!!! It's interesting to see your progression.

Florence said...

I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

Denstiny Hudson said...

Dear friends online My name is Destiny Hudson And I live in the USA, Dominica I am here today to appreciate the good work of Dr Oyagu, for helping me curing my HSV 1&2 Disease, I contacted the virus from my Partner, i found out he was cheating on me, so i broke up with him, 2 month later i went to test myself in the hospital when i was seeing sore on my mouth and Private areas, i was diagnosed of HSV 1&2. i tried using the acyclovir medicine but it didn't help in curing it, i went on a search and found out Dr Oyagu curing people illness, and so i got his email and i was told how i can get his herbal cure, 3 days later i received his medicine after using it for 2 weeks i was tested again and was confirm negative, today i am totally free. If you are over there looking for solution email: oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or contact him on whatsapp +2348101755322 or visit his website https://oyaguspellcaster.wixsite.com/oyaguherbalhometoday and share your own testimony. And He also has herbal cure for the Following DISEASES, eczema, urethra wart, chronic problems. Herpes, Cancer, Als, Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV ,Infections, ulcer ETC

Happy National Quilting Day!

I participated in the National Quilting Day sewalong on the Modern Quilt Studio page.  We sewed Friends all Around.  Here is my first block....