Sunday, November 10, 2013

Marmalade Squares and Floribunda


 In between watching the sad Packer game today I managed to sew, iron, subcut and sew the rest of the Floribunda blocks.


 Eventually I had a box full of four patches and hst's waiting to become blocks!  I am quite happy with my progress on this one since there are eight or so blocks total.  23 are blocks and the rest will soon be!

I also spent some time tonight trying to make Marmalade Squares from Moda Bake Shop.  I love the look of this pattern but was VERY UNHAPPY with the directions.  The picture of the original quilt doesn't match the pictures or directions in the pattern (there is a note telling you assembly is different but not that the finished quilt will not look just like the picture).  In the end I just had to figure out how to make it work...



 Here is the top in the end.  Not exactly as lined up as I wanted, but the fact that it is together is a hell of an achievement if you ask me!  I am a direction follower and I need decent pictures and directions or I about lose my quilting mind!
**edit** Katie of Swim, Bike, Quilt contacted me to tell me she updated the pattern on Moda Bake Shop.  I am SEW glad it wasn't just me (because at times I thought it was!) and that it is fixed so I can make it again!  Thanks Katie--you rock!

2 comments:

Deb A said...

I was curious so I went looking at the bake shop for the pattern. Sounds like there were some errors that have now been corrected on the website and the pdf download. Your's looks lovely.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I am so sorry there were errors in the pattern--I figured out what went wrong but I don't need to bore you with that. I have fixed them (too late for you I know) but wish I would have heard that there were problems sooner so this didn't happen to you and others. Again, my sincere apologies.