Saturday, March 2, 2013

Progress on a Few Things...

I have been working on my hand sewn hexis diligently the past week or so.  I am really enjoying it again.  So nice to have it to take along in the car.  I have added another long row since the last picture but haven't taken a new one yet.  
 In other news, Barb is on a roll quilting up a few quilts for me.  Above is my gnome couch quilt and below is Kelsey's Easy Street!
 It is hard to see the quilting on that but here is the back.
 Kathy and I went up to Mom's for Tiffany's baby shower.  We stopped off at Jacki's and dropped off a few pink blocks for a special project she has going.  Kathy did her BOM with a white background and I did an extra one of my Talkin Turkey.  We love these blocks!  Now the color is orange, so we have to get to it!

We then got the food ready for the shower and wrapped gifts, copied off games and sharpened pencils, etc. Then today we set and had Tiffany's baby shower.  It all went really well and I think the baby will be just about set!  We gave Tiffany the baby quilt and a few kids books about adoption.  I am a book freak!  Tiffany's best friend was giving her an evening party/shower tonight too.  Kathy and I were too tuckered out to even try to do that so we met up with Suli (my brother's ex and Ben's mom) and I gifted her her baby quilt too.  Both these little guys are boys and will be less than a month apart if all goes as planned.  Ben will finally be a big brother in both houses!

No comments:

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...