Friday, September 16, 2011

Progress on Antie's Anvil and Shop Hop

(old photo but man, I love how this came out!) Today I worked my video relay job at 6 AM and after that went to interpret at the college I work at. As soon as work was done, Dj and I started the shop hop tonight since I have to work tomorrow morning and will be meeting up with the AZ Huggy Bunch after my morning work. So after work today DJ and I started out at Three Dudes…they were fabulous and friendly as always and guess what they were selling something that was on my list to look for to buy! So ofc I bought it. It is one of those whirilygig kind of rulers…you sew a bunch of squares together and then line up the ruler and cut and then resew and you have pinwheel kind of things. I keep seeing quilts made from this ruler on blogs and have had it on my list for awhile. I bought the smaller one that you use with charm squares, I am hoping to try it out with some Halloween fabric if I find some. They also had an inexpensive quilt marking pen that irons right off.


Next we went over to Quilter’s Ranch. They were selling a program for making quilt labels. I have one, I don’t use it. Didn’t buy anything there…they have great Halloween fabric but no little charm packs which is what I was looking for.

Last stop we went to Cutting Edge where I hope to meet up with the AHB tomorrow. They had the binding tool for sale. I have seen the youtube video about that and it looks fabulous but I am reminding myself that I have rulers and fabric from last years shop hop I need to use yet! I did manage to buy some orange and some purple fabric from the clearance section way in the back for 6 bucks a yard and one cool Christmas panel that DJ really liked…she wants to try actually quilting it into a tablerunner for us.
Tomorrow will be a blast because there will be six of us running from store to store and lunch together wearing tiarras...well, DJ isn't wearing a tiarra! I am really looking forward to it.

When we got home after a bit of cleaning I whipped up a test for my ASL 3 class (there seems to always be something, good thing I really enjoy it!) and took photos of my purchases. I then spent a good half hour running all over the house trying to find the camera. As you can see from the lack of photos in this post it was to no avail! Apparently Randy borrowed it and he is at work without his phone (don't you know) so I don't know where it is. Coleman tried a half dozen cords he had but hmm, too wide, too long, too something...so I snapped a quick photo of my Auntie's Anvil progress (yellow block made just before the camera cord search commenced) and at least I can show you that! Next up is orange!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Fun sounding Shop Hop. I just don't make the time to get to the shops around northern wisconsin. I suppose it doesn't help that they are 30 minutes apart, each. ;0)

FUN Anvil blocks!!!

Shannon said...

Wow, sounds like you had a good time. I love going on shop hops. Your blocks look great.

Ullan tilkut said...

I love the quilt! It's fantastic! Thank you fro your lovely blog! It's so nice to find other quilters from the other side of the world! :)

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...