Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sewing Day at June's House

I have most of my blocks together for Short Story Schnibbles. Now they need trimming...can't wait to see how they look...
Here is Ros working on her church donation quilt. I think she said it will be auctioned off and each block represents a different church hymn and her binding is absolutely invisible!

Here is BJ with her Chunky Churn Dash (Bonnie Hunter's pattern)...these are her quiltvilleswap exchange blocks. I have never done an exchange and after seeing these, thought I should join for the next swap. HAHA I don't need more to do, but aren't they cute?

Here is June with the quilt she made for her son back East. Ros quilted it (she is on the right) with what looks like checkered flags and cars. I think June is working on the binding and then she will send it off. Today she worked on a bag and then after an impromtu tutoring session from BJ she started working on this:

BJ showed her how to handsew these little hexagons together to make a grandmother's flower garden quilt. Funny thing is this is fabric I gifted BJ (she loves scraps) and June wound up with it. Long as it gets used I am happy!
We all brought food and had quite the little buffet for lunch. I have to say my favorite thing was the coffee Herve makes and the biscotti that Ros brought. She is going to share her recipe and I can't wait to make it! I also got around to making four of the Pineapple Blossom blocks from www.Quiltville.com in a few different colors. I am IN LOVEwith these blocks and look forward to making more!

I also took Ros' advice and ordered some backings from www.thousandsofbolts.com for two quilts that I have been looking for backings for for two months. Glad to have that off my list and I can then pass on the quilts to Ros for quilting.
Got my work schedule today for the college. I will be getting about 35 hours a week there (and 4 or so at Sorenson) and will be there five days a week. So will have more money for quilt stuff, but less time to sew! Smile.
I don't work or have any running to do tomorrow...hmm, I think I will sew!


No comments:

Friends All Around!

I added twenty more blocks to Friends All Around.  It is now big enough to go on the back of the couch for a summer quilt.  I think the top ...