Saturday, April 25, 2009

Both NYE Mystery Pictures for 2008!

This isn't the greatest picture, but here are my first six Colonial History quilt blocks I am doing in bluework, I just finished the seventh one last night while watching Slumdog Millionare which was good, but haven't taken a photo yet.
I need to iron them and they will get a border...trying to decide if I should go with blue or red? Let me know if you have a suggestion or reccommendation!
Ann B. Smith's mystery for NYE 2008 is all quilted and bound. I finished it up at my Quilt History meeting! I love it, and it doesn't have a home yet! Sorry for the wrinkles in it!

And the borders are on the Double Delight from Bonnie Hunter's NYE Mystery!

The top border hangs over the wall and it is a bit smushed for the picture, but I didn't have two people available to hold it! I couldn't be happier with the end result for either of these quilts!!!!!


I have a freelance job in a bit, but after that I plan to do something sewing related!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations on the quilt finishes. Like the colonial stitcheries

Sue said...

*happy dancing with you* Terrific finishes! The blue border on DD looks fabulous! Your NYE quilt is looks fabulous too! I think a red border would make a nice contrast on your lovely stitcheries.

Rose Marie said...

Both quilts are lovely and love the 9patch border effect. Very nice!

Hodpodge!

On Easter we went to Hannah and Jeremy's.  I got a semi good picture of Hazel and I...she tends to not want to pose when I have makeup o...